The American Dairy Goat Association welcomes your participation in the 2022 Goat Milk Products Competition. The competition will be held at the ADGA Annual Convention in Syracuse, NY, October 3rd and 4th. This competition will be open to all cheese makers, commercial and amateur.
Questions regarding the Goat Milk Products Competition can be directed to Terri Coleman at firstname.lastname@example.org
Participate In The Cheese Competition
Cheeses will be judges by Dr. Kerry Kaylegian of Penn State and Brian Schlatter of Hudson, NY.
Rules for Entry
- Only 100% Goat’s milk product is eligible to compete in this competition. Goat’s milk and curd used in the cheese/product must be of USA, CANADIAN or MEXICO origins only.
- A cheese or product may be entered in only one class. If in doubt about a class, enter in the class your cheese or product most closely resembles.
- Please enter each cheese or product separately.
- Amateur products will not be served at the Goat Products Reception
- A cheese maker will be considered commercial if they have been legally selling their product for a minimum of six months at the time of entry.
- Minimum scores are required to earn awards. Cheeses do not compete “against” each other for ribbons within categories. Standards of excellence apply to all entries. Assuming minimum scores are met, the three highest scores in each category will place 1st, 2nd and 3rd. However, it is possible that awards are not earned within a category if no entry achieves a minimum number of points. Ties are allowed only for 2nd and 3rd Place finishers. No ties for 1st Place. (We allow half-point scoring to help reduce the number of ties.)
- Please send promotional material or placards in the shipping container(s) along with your product. (Commercial entries only).
- Please send one commercial entry without its packaging or any other identifying material. When entry forms are received, printed labels with unique identifying numbers and categories will be sent to you. Place one of these labels on each of the products that you are entering in the contest before shipping them.
- Commercial Soft Cheese/Yogurt/Kefir/Butter/Confections – Please send three packages of soft cheeses or product in the form in which it is commercially sold. For example, three logs, three pyramids, or three jars. One will be labeled for competition and the other two will be displayed at the products reception. Any entry containing less than required amount of product will be disqualified.
- Commercial Hard cheeses – Please send hard cheeses as one entire, uncut, unplugged wheel or block, minimum weight 1.5 pounds. Any cheese appearing to have been tampered with willbe disqualified from judging.
- Amateurs entering product or cheese need to send only one item per entry and these should be labeled with printed competition labels.
Entries must be received by September 15th, 2022. Email entries are encouraged.
Entries for the Goat Milk Products Competition must be onsite by 3 p.m., Sunday, October 2nd 2022. Please time your packages to arrive on Wednesday, September 28th or Thursday, September 29th 2022. Arrangements must be made with the committee for hand delivery. Those shipping cheese to the hotel must prominently mark packages “ADGA Goat Milk Products Competition/Attn: Terri Coleman” and send packages to:
Ramada Inn Liverpool NY441 Electronics PkwyLiverpool, NY 13088 Attn: Terri Coleman
Packages must contain a packing slip stating the number of boxes shipped, names and number of items in each box. Please include your unique name of the products and any relevant information about the make and flavoring on the entry form, especially when you have more than one entry in a category. Make sure to mark the package(s) “Perishable” in large lettering in several spots if possible.