The American Dairy Goat Association welcomes your participation in the 2023 Goat Milk Products Competition. The competition will be held at the ADGA Annual Convention in Tulsa, Oklahoma on. This competition will be open to AMATEUR Cheese and Confection makers only.
Questions regarding the Goat Milk Products Competition can be directed to Caroline Lawson @ email@example.com
Participate In The Cheese Competition
Cheeses will be judged by Carlos Alvarado of Langston University, and Lisa Becklund of FarmBar in Tulsa.
Rules for Entry
- Amateur is defined as those who have never sold their products they make commercially.
- Only 100% Goat’s milk product is eligible to compete in this competition. Goat’s milk and curd used in the cheese/product must be of USA, CANADIAN or MEXICO origins only.
- A cheese or product may be entered in only one class. If in doubt about a class, enter in the class your cheese or product most closely resembles.
- Please enter each cheese or product separately.
- Amateur products will not be served at the Goat Products Reception
- Minimum scores are required to earn awards. Cheeses do not compete “against” each other for ribbons within categories. Standards of excellence apply to all entries. Assuming minimum scores are met, the three highest scores in each category will place 1st, 2nd and 3rd. However, it is possible that awards are not earned within a category if no entry achieves a minimum number of points. Ties are allowed only for 2nd and 3rd Place finishers. No ties for 1st Place. (We allow half-point scoring to help reduce the number of ties.)
- There is no fee for entering this competition.
- Amateurs entering product or cheese need to send only one item per entry and these should be labeled.
Entries must be received by September 29th, 2023. Email entries are encouraged.
Entries for the Goat Milk Products Competition must be onsite by 3 p.m. on October 16th 2023. Please time your packages to arrive on Wednesday, October 11th or Thursday, October 12th, 2023. Arrangements must be made with the committee for hand delivery. Those shipping cheese to the hotel must prominently mark packages “ADGA Goat Milk Products Competition/Attn: Caroline Lawson” and send packages to:
Marriot Tulsa Hotel Southern Hills 1902 E 71st Street, Tulsa, OK 74136
Packages must contain a packing slip stating the number of boxes shipped, names and number of items in each box. Please include your unique name of the products and any relevant information about the make and flavoring on the entry form, especially when you have more than one entry in a category. Make sure to mark the package(s) “Perishable” in large lettering in several spots if possible.